Susan J Vannucci
Education and Professional Training
• I received my Ph.D. in Cellular and Molecular Physiology in 1989 from the Pennsylvania State University/Milton S. Hershey College of Medicine
– research on the molecular
mechanisms of increased fat storage in obesity
• Post-doctoral training at the Diabetes Institute of the National Institutes of Health
– research on mechanisms of glucose delivery in the body and the effects of obesity, diabetes, and stroke
• Assistant /Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Neuroscience at the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine from 1992 until 2002.
• Professor of Neuroscience in Pediatrics and the Institute of Human Nutrition at Columbia University, New York.
• My scientific research has been funded by the National Institutes of Health, the American Diabetes Association, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, and the American Heart Association.
I combine a strong scientific knowledge of physiology and metabolism with medical nutrition therapy as well as integrative and functional medicine to provide clear and sound nutritional counseling.